NTC's annual Halloween costume celebration is fun, but it doesn't get in the way of getting work done.
It's that time of year when guys and ghouls want to have a little bit of fun at the office. NTC executives encourage team members to dress up and partake in the fun, so long as quality work remains our number one focus.
That doesn't take away from the fun and festivities though! Team members love dressing up and decorating their areas at NTC.
In our 25 year history, we've learned a few things of what works and what doesn't work for Halloween at the office.
Here is our list of Do's:
- Do dress up in something work appropriate and COMFORTABLE. After all, if you can't breathe in a heavy mask, how will you be able to work?
- Do consider those around you. Be sure that your costume isn't so big it intrudes on your neighbor. Remember to consider their personal and work space.
- Do be original and have fun with it. Some of our team members are incredibly creative. We've seen some homemade costumes that knock our socks off and they usually win awards. So get into it!
Wednesday Addams is totally appropriate at the office. A DO!
Here is our list of Don'ts:
- Don't be a party pooper. Ok, so not everyone likes to dress up for Halloween. But don't be the Halloween Grinch, and smile at the costumes, even if they inwardly make you cringe. Ha!
- Don't eat too much sugar. Nobody wants to have to hose you down because you're on such a sugar rush that you won't.stop.talking.
- Don't wear a costume that makes too much noise. After all, we need to focus, we are at work!
Unless you're Channing Tatum, too much skin at the office is a definite DON'T!
Ok that's our take on how to have some fun this Halloween season at work. How do you like to celebrate? Tell us in the comments!